ADC 2017 SUMMER INTENSIVE
Open to the public!
Workshop Date: June 23-25, 2017
Ages 10 to adult (intermediate and advanced levels offered).
NOTE: Please note that faculty is subject to change, due to the nature of the dance business and how quickly people can book gigs....but we will ALWAYS bring you quality.
Doors will open an hour before the workshop begins. Early registration ends on Friday, August 19th at 5:00 p.m. Register early to secure a spot. After that time, the fee increases to $130. If you choose to pay at the door, cash, credit/debit, or check (made payable to Ashleyliane Dance Company) ONLY. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!!
NOTE: EVERYONE WILL NEED TO SIGN A RELEASE FORM UPON ARRIVAL. ALL DANCERS UNDER 18 WILL NEED A PARENT/GUARDIAN TO SIGN ONE FOR THEM. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RELEASE FORM SENT IN ADVANCE, PLEASE EMAIL US AT ASHLEYLIANE@GMAIL.COM!
There will be a limited amount of observers allowed. Observers must pay $20 cash on site. No children under the age of 10 are allowed in the workshop rooms.
A native of Phoenix, AZ, Brooke Lipton was a rising star in the LA dance scene at the young age of 12. She spent her summers dancing at the LA studios and conventions and was highly sought after by the industry’s top choreographers. Brooke moved to LA to pursue her dream of being a professional dancer, and has worked with artists such as Madonna, Janet Jackson, Beyonce, Paula Abdul, to name a few. Brooke toured the world with Britney Spears for over eight years, including the “Dream Within A Dream” Tour, “The Onyx Hotel” Tour and “Circus” promo tour. She choreographed for six seasons on FOX’s hit TV show Glee, which had over 750 musical performances. Glee’s phenomenal success also included two world tours, “The Glee Project” Season 1 and 2, and Glee Live 3D The Movie. On Glee, Brooke worked with such iconic stars as Shirley Maclaine, Carol Burnett, Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristen Chenowith and Ricky Martin. Brooke’s choreography can be seen on shows like ”Bones”, “The Goldbergs”, “Chasing Life”, “American Horror Story”, and “The New Normal”. Hard at work in the dance world, she is also a mother of two children. She continues to teach internationally, giving back to the community that she loves so much.
Laura Edwards began dancing at a very young age. With a unique style she has taken on many pursuits upon her arrival in Los Angeles. Since her professional beginning she is featured in the movies: Hairspray, Step Up 1 & 2, Footloose, and can be seen on the very first season of, America's Best Dance Crew! Laura manages to spread her talent throughout all fields of the dance industry. Having been given the opportunity to perform with Beyonce, she has even toured the world with one of our generation's biggest pop stars, Britney Spears. Most recently, Laura was just the assistant choreographer for the current Justin Bieber "Believe" tour. She grew up studying all styles of dance during her childhood. It wasn't until after high school when her professional dancing career jump started as a featured dancer in a music video for hip hop artist Lil' Mo. Shortly after she took part in the feature film "Step Up", filmed near her hometown, she developed a new attitude towards the dance industry and moved to Los Angeles to enhance her skills and take on new opportunities. Since her new beginning, she is featured in the movies: Footloose, Hairspray, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Step Up 2:The Streets, Big Momma's: Like Father, Like Son, and Hannah Montana: The Movie. Aside from the big screen, she was a dancer in the Britney Spears “Circus” tour, appeared in season one of "America's Best Dance Crew" and has had the pleasure to perform with others such as Beyoncé and Miley Cyrus. With an affinity of dance, Laura exercises her talents with choreography as well. As a recurring instructor for the notorious dance convention, "Monsters of Hip Hop," she's able to give back and inspire through her instruction to aspiring professional dancers. As a reflection of her competition background, she choreographs award winning numbers for studios and dance teams across the United States. She has also assisted in choreography for Justin Bieber's BELIEVE Tour, Jennifer Lopez, and “So You Think You Can Dance” in both the US and Canada. As her career moves forward, Laura remains humble and appreciative of all her accomplishments.
PAST INSTRUCTORS (HIGHLIGHTS)
- Geoffrey Alexander (Jazz) - Dancer, Big Muddy Dance Company
- Brooke Austin (Contemporary), Head Coach, Lindenwood University Lion Line
- Sara Brendel (Contemporary) - Instructor, Movement Arts Center
- Tabitha and Napoleon D'Umo (Hip Hop) - Owners, NappyTabs
- Laura Edwards (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Brian Friedman (Jazz Funk) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Christian Frommelt (Swing/Lindy Hop) - Founder, Lindy Hop St. Louis
- Darrion Gallegos (Jazz Funk) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Alicia Gbaho (Afro-Fusion) - Artistic Director, Beyond Measure Dance Theater
- Deserae Hunyar (Bellydance) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Andye Jamieson (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Ivan Koumaev (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Matt Luck (Contemporary) - Dancer, SoulEscape
- Alicia Graf Mack (Jazz) - Dancer, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Pauline Mata (Contemporary) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Jennifer Medina (Contemporary) - Artistic Director, Common Thread Contemporary Dance Company
- Dori Neumeier (Hula/Tahitian) - Owner, Hui Hula 'O Punahele Hula Halau
- Aimee Otte (Contemporary) - Dancer, Clear Talent Group - Los Angeles
- Lauren Ponder (Jazz) - Head Coach, Regis University Dance Team
- DMac Sandoz (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Emily Shock (Jazz) - Owner, Applause Studios
- Erica Sobol (Contemporary) - Freelance Choreographer