ADC GUEST CLASS - CONTEMPORARY WITH RAFAEL TILLERY
Instructor: Rafael Tillery
Class Date: Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Location: The City Studio Dance Center - 4397 Laclede Ave. (enter at Newstead) St. Louis, MO 63108
Time: 8:00-9:30 p.m.
Cost: $15, $20 at the door
Ages 13 to adult.
This class will be taught at the advanced level. There will be a very limited amount of observers allowed. Observers must pay $5 cash on site, first come and first serve. Doors will open a half hour before class begins. If paying at the door, please pay with cash, credit, or check (made payable to Ashleyliane Dance Company) No refunds will be given. Note: If you have not been to ADC classes in over 2 years, you will need to sign a release form upon arrival to your first class. All dancers under 18 will need a parent/guardian to sign one for them. If you would like a release form sent in advance.
A native of Chicago, IL, Rafael began his choreographic journey at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN, from where he graduated with a Bachelors degree in Theatre and Dance in 2013. He has attended the 2012 American Dance Festival, Trisha Brown Dance Workshop, and the Garth Fagan Dance Intensive. He performed as a guest artist alongside the Garth Fagan Dance Company, Shen Wei Dance Arts, and the Dayton Contemporary Dance Company. Rafael danced with the Dayton Contemporary Dance Company II under the direction of Shonna Hickman-Matlock. In 2014 Rafael relocated to St. Louis, MO to join the Modern American Dance Company(MADCO) where he performed for two years under the direction of Stacy West. Since then he has had the opportunity to teach, choreograph, and work with a number of other performance studios and dance companies in the St. Louis area such as Consuming Kinetics Dance Company, Karlovsky Dance Company, Patzius Performing Arts, Kirkwood Dance Center, and Michelle's School of Dance. Rafael has also had the opportunity to work with choreographers such as Molissa Fenley, Debbie Blunden-Diggs, William B. McClellan, Jr., Nejla Yatkin, Ronin Koresh, Rodney A. Brown, B.B Miller, and many more.
CLICK HERE to REGISTER OR TAKE CARE OF IT AT THE DOOR!
Doors will open fifteen minutes before class begins. If paying at the door, please pay with cash or check (made payable to Ashleyliane Dance Company) No refunds will be given.
Note: If you have not signed a liability release form in over 2 years, you will need to sign a new form upon arrival to your first class. All dancers under 18 will need a parent/guardian to sign one for them. If you would like a release form sent in advance.
2017 SUMMER MASTER CLASS SERIES
PartneringWednesday, June 14th - 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Teachers: Jennifer and Omar Olivas
ContemporaryWednesday, June 28th - 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Teacher: Rafael Tillery
Hip Hop (Choreography and Krumping Fundamentals)Wednesday, July 12 - 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Teacher: Manual "Lukky" Harvey
Modern (Limon and Humphrey Techniques)Wednesday, July 26 - 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Teacher: Dawn Karlovsky
PAST INSTRUCTORS (HIGHLIGHTS)
- Geoffrey Alexander (Jazz) - Dancer, Big Muddy Dance Company
- Brooke Austin (Contemporary), Head Coach, Lindenwood University Lion Line
- Sara Brendel (Contemporary) - Instructor, Movement Arts Center
- Tabitha and Napoleon D'Umo (Hip Hop) - Owners, NappyTabs
- Laura Edwards (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Christian Frommelt (Swing/Lindy Hop) - Founder, Lindy Hop St. Louis
- Alicia Gbaho (Afro-Fusion) - Artistic Director, Beyond Measure Dance Theater
- Deserae Hunyar (Bellydance) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Andye Jamieson (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Ivan Koumaev (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Matt Luck (Contemporary) - Dancer, SoulEscape
- Alicia Graf Mack (Jazz) - Dancer, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Pauline Mata (Contemporary) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Jennifer Medina (Contemporary) - Artistic Director, Common Thread Contemporary Dance Company
- Dori Neumeier (Hula/Tahitian) - Owner, Hui Hula 'O Punahele Hula Halau
- Aimee Otte (Contemporary) - Dancer, Clear Talent Group - Los Angeles
- Lauren Ponder (Jazz) - Head Coach, Regis University Dance Team
- DMac Sandoz (Hip Hop) - Freelance Dancer/Choreographer
- Emily Shock (Jazz) - Owner, Applause Studios
- Erica Sobol (Contemporary) - Freelance Choreographer