2017 Junior TraineesJamaikah Banks
HISTORYEach year ADC brings together 8-15 selected young dancers from diverse communities and backgrounds for intensive dance training, collaboration and performances. We strive to offer a high level of personal development and training and to prepare young dancers for the demands of today's dance world. Their repertoire is heavily based in jazz, contemporary fusion, lyrical and hip hop.
During the last seven seasons, ADC's junior trainees have performed at Fair Saint Louis, St. Louis Dance Showcase at Edison Theatre, St. Louis Fringe Festival, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, First Night at Grand Center, Taste of St. Louis, RAW Artists: St. Louis, the Muny, Camp Kate, Dancewerks National Convention in Chicago, among other events. Junior trainees have also been featured at The Pulse on Tour Dance Convention in Las Vegas and Fox 2 News in the Morning. They have also hosted their own annual show, typically held at the Mertz Dance Studio at Washington University in St. Louis.
JUNIOR ALUMNIFormer Junior dancers are doing big things! Here are some highlights:
- Ashley Claybrook (Season 2) is now Assistant Director of the ADC Junior Training Program.
- Jaci Layman (Season 5) is now the Rehearsal Director of Ashleyliane Dance Company.
- Brianna Ford (Seasons 7-9) just completed a professional semester at Broadway Dance Center in NYC.
- Carly Lawrence (Season 5-6) is now signed as a dancer with Clear Talent Group in Los Angeles, CA
- Maria Schou (Season 5-6) is now a dance instructor at Devine Performing Arts in Wildwood, MO.
- Brianna Biffignani (Season 4-6) recently earned her dance degree from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.
- Jordan Ward (Seasons 3-4) is now on a world tour with pop star, Justin Bieber.
- Olivia Miller (Seasons 1-2) earned her Director of Christian Education degree at Concordia College in Chicago, Illinois.