Ashleyliane Dance Company (ADC) will begin its 13th season this August and we are looking for new artists!
We specialize in the following disciplines: contemporary, jazz, modern and jazz funk. ADC is looking for dancers who are versatile, professional, and are looking to grow as performers. Dancers will receive professional training, as well as paid performances (including regional touring), on a 40 week contract.
Please note that you must be able to commit to all rehearsals and major events. Company dancers will rehearse on Monday evenings from 7:00-10:00 pm, Wednesday evenings from 7:30-10:30 p.m. Company members must be available for mandatory ballet class on either Tuesdays from 6-7:30 pm or Friday mornings (time TBA). Dancers will also be asked to commit to select Friday evenings to prepare for upcoming performances.
Dancers should arrive warmed-up, hair tied back completely, in dancewear without baggy warm-up clothes. Light make-up is recommended.
The 2019-2020 season will provide:
- An active season that includes performances at various venues
- Advanced jazz, contemporary, jazz funk, ballet and modern training
- Master classes with world-renowned faculty
- Choreographic and teaching opportunities
- Community service and charity work
- Dance career mentorship
- Photo and video shoots
- Regional touring
If you are an interested dancer, you must:
- Bring a headshot, no smaller than a 5x7
- Bring an artistic résumé (including at least 2 professional references)
- Wear appropriate attire and shoes for contemporary and jazz funk movement
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn choreography
- Display stage presence and personality
- Interview with the judging panel
Auditions are closed to all spectators. No cameras, audio or video recording devices allowed.
WHEN AND WHERE?
Date and Time: Saturday, July 20, 2019
11:00 am - 6:30 pm
City Studio - Yoga, Dance, Movement Arts
8 N. Newstead Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63108