Ashley L. Tate is the founder, artistic director, and lead choreographer of Ashleyliane Dance Company (ADC), a full service dance organization based in the Greater St. Louis area.Ashley has studied dance for over 30 years. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information Science from Texas Christian University, where she served two consecutive years as captain during her four-year stint as a member of the TCU Showgirls Dance Team. She has been an instructor for National Dance Alliance, a cast member in a Sony Dreamworks motion picture, and a bodily-kinesthetic intelligence presenter for St. Louis Area Resources for Community and Human Services (ARCHS).
Ms. Tate has choreographed for NCAA basketball and football halftime shows, studio recitals, theatre productions, professional dance organizations, and national and regional dance competitions. She teaches master classes and workshops in contemporary, hip hop, jazz, lyrical, and specialty classes in turns, leaps, and cardio hip hop. She was a member of the Saint Louis Rams Football Cheerleaders, serving as a captain for two years. She also served as the head cheer and dance coach at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and as an adjudicator for Cathy Roe Ultimate Dance Competitions. Ms. Tate is now a board member for Missouri Dance Organization, and a member of the National Dance Education Organization, and an adjudicator for Fury Dance Competitions. She is also a recently certified Zumba® instructor.
Ms. Tate is an adjunct instructor of dance at Washington University in St. Louis and the former chair of the dance department at Grand Center Arts Academy. She was invited to a private audition for Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour and is a recipient of Grand Center’s Emerging Artist Visionary Award. She has served as a judge for the Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation’s Teen Talent Showcase for several years. She is also a winner of the Pulse On Tour Dance Convention Protégé Scholarship, a Monsters of Hip Hop Scholarship (and a former Monsters Show Nominee), and is signed as a dancer and dance educator with Clear Talent Group in Los Angeles, California. Her work has chosen to be featured in choreographer’s showcases at the Peridance Capezio Center, TADA! Theater, and Baruch Performing Arts Center, all in New York City, as well as the Choreographer’s Carnival in Chicago, Illinois and Versatility Dance Festival in Boulder, Colorado.
Ms. Tate is a 2018 recipient of the Spencer T & Ann W. Olin Fellowship for Women in Graduate Study. She is a graduate student in the Performing Arts Department at Washington University in St. Louis, pursuing a Master of Fine Arts degree in Dance.
ASHLEY TATE - CURRICULUM VITAE
- Clear Talent Group
- Peridance Capezio Center Choreographers' Showcase - New York City, NY
- MTV's "MADE" (television show)
- Grand Center Arts Academy - Dance Department Chair
- Boogiezone Class Series at Focus Dance Center - Los Angeles, CA
- Mary Institute-Country Day School - Choreographer in Residence
- The Pulse on Tour Dance Convention - Choreographer for Ashleyliane Dance Company Guest Performance
- Monsters of Hip Hop Dance Convention - 2014 Show Nominee
- Cirque Du Soleil - Dance Audition Tour Finalist
- St. Louis Rams Cheerleaders - Captain and Choreographer
- American College Dance Association - Guest Artist
- Cathy Roe Ultimate Dance - Adjudicator
- "She Gets What She Wants" (Sony Dreamworks Motion Picture) - Dancer
- Texas Christian University - Master Class Instructor
- Fox Charitable Arts Foundation - Teen Talent Competition - Judge
- Celebrate Fitness Opening Ceremony - Washington University in St. Louis
- Dance Chicago
Ashley L. Tate is represented by Clear Talent Group as a dancer and dance educator.
10950 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604